1. Basketball. Its march. That which is never seen might surprisingly rear its head for a few select weeks this spring. I never watch basketball, or had an interest for the game. However, filling out a bracket for March Madness not only tempts me to somewhat follow the tournament, but shoot, I could actually win something! Lest you think that all I care about are my potential winnings (which sadly, because I don’t follow basketball much at all outside of March, my brackets are usually only mediocre at best), let me also acknowledge that I celebrate the upsets, because who doesn’t picture themselves as Jonathon in this Goliath of a world. So nods to Northern Iowa, Butler, and St. Mary’s (with your five Aussies)! Even though you didn’t go all the way (except Butler, who still could…), you took some of the powerful down, and really shook things up, so thanks.
2. Girls Scouts. I started volunteering with a Girls Scout troop from our church. So far I’ve only been to two troop meetings but I’m already impressed. I’ve learned two or three really great “repeat after me” songs; one about a juicy moose and one about a hippo. Remember how fun it was to be a kid?? Plug for next year’s cookie sales: I can hook you up if you don’t already have an official hook up.
3. Conserving shampoo. I started trying this new practice in January of only washing my hair twice a week. It’s going well. Supposedly my hair is healthier, but I don’t know if I can tell a difference. I’ve been thinking very seriously about changing my hair in the last week or so and I’m open for suggestions. I’m getting board. What should I do with my hair?
4. Blogging. Well, according to this blog, I’m blogging again. Thanks to Brandon for the redesign.
5. New discoveries on itunes: tegan and sara, joshua james, and this song by Austin Hartley-Leonard and Kendall Jane Meade called “In My Sleep”. Ok, so I discovered that last song not on itunes, but on the latest episode of Chuck.